Why is Akhanda Yoga Australia the best Yoga Teacher Training for me?
Akhanda Yoga Australia was founded by Nick & Radha Bradley, who have been collectively teaching yoga for over 30 years. Their Akhanda Gold Coast Yoga Teacher Training course had been called “an amazing yoga Teacher Training experience” and most practitioners leave the course with a high recommendation to other yoga future yoga teachers.
With many sought after Yoga Teachers coming out of their Yoga courses, Akhanda Yoga Australia offers a perfectly balanced experience and learning curriculum. While Yoga Asana (postures) techniques and teaching methodology are a key part of our Yoga Teacher Training the focus is spread across all aspects of the Yoga practise, including:
- Pranayama (breath work)
- Mantra (devotional chanting)
- Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Ashtanga Yoga Eight-fold Path)
- Ayurveda, Yoga lifestyle
- Physical Anatomy
- Subtle Yoga Anatomy (chakras, nadis, energy work)
- and more.
What is Akhanda Yoga?
When practiced and understood holistically, yoga can bringing harmony and balance to our lives, families and society. Akhanda Yoga is a teaching approach that emphasises:
- All of the directional movements of the spine ( exion, extension, lateral exion, rotation, grounding and elongating);
- All of the stations (standing, crouching, sitting, laying on the belly, laying on the back, arm balances and inversions);
- Yang and yin (effort and allowing; in postures, meditation, and life);
- The diverse yoga techniques (āsana, pranayama, mantra, visualization, relaxation and meditation);
- Philosophies of the wider yoga tradition (as a thematic thread that also helps guide the sequencing and dialogue for that class);
- Cueing checkpoints for safety and allowing for inner inquiry (some element of body mechanics is needed for safety and increased body awareness; however, if we over-mechanise the postures, we limit the students’ freedom to explore the micro-movements they can make within the normal range, as well as to explore the subtle prana, and their own inner experience in any given moment).
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Akhanda Yoga Gold Coast
The accommodation is simple and clean, it is an ashram-style retreat centre. You will be sharing a space with other students, so please be respectful of their space, noise level and personal hygiene. The focus of the Akhanda Yoga Teacher Training Retreat is a retreat from the everyday, like mobile phones/computers and other modern day things that distract us away from quiet contemplation and stillness. This allows the practitioner to focus on learning, a spiritual yoga journey inwards and focus on the essence of yoga.
Not to mentioned the paradise location in the foothills of Springbrook National Park. The property features acres of stunning bushland, a chlorine free swimming pool, a wood-fired sauna and a beautiful Yoga Studio overlooking the garden and native Australian rainforest.