A Mindfulness & Yogic approach to Pregnancy & Childbirth | with Julia Forest & Radha Rani Bradley
PRESENTED BY: Awakened Spirit Yoga is one of the few registered prenatal yoga schools with the Yoga Alliance.
LOCATION: Austinville Valley Retreat Centre
DATE: Thurs 12th May, 7am - Thursday May 19th, 5pm
This holistic Akhanda Yoga-inspired training is the first program of it’s kind. We focus on nurturing a conscious pregnancy and parenthood through the practices of yoga and mindfulness. With an understanding of pregnancy as a spiritual journey, this training equips participants with tools to teach prenatal yoga therapeutically to support a healthy pregnancy and birth.
Become a certified prenatal yoga teacher, and gain the confidence to skillfully support women through all stages of pregnancy. All women are welcome, including the pregnant and postpartum. Babes in arms are welcome too.
“The heart is our garden and along with each action we plant a seed of intention.”
THIS TRAINING IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
· Yoga teachers interested finding a niche in women’s health or supporting prenatal students
· Educators, counsellers, and health care professionals, mid-wives, doulas
· Yogini's interested in deepening their teaching practice in all aspects of their life
Julia Forest E-RYT 500, RMT, Doula | Julia Forest is an international yoga teacher and birth doula with more than a decade of teaching experience. She created the Mindful Birth Program, one of the first yoga programs that combines yoga, mindfulness and the journey of pregnancy and childbirth to transform lives and communities. She is the founder of Awakened Spirit Yoga and delivers yoga teacher training programs, workshops and retreats around the globe.
Radha Rani Bradley E-RYT 500 | Radha is a Yoga Teacher Trainer, Co-founder of Akhanda Yoga Australia, Children's Entertainer for over a decade and dedicated Mother of two. Read full bio HERE
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
· Eastern and western perspectives of the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and its effects on the body, mind and spirit.
· Skillful sequencing integrating all aspects of the practice: asana, breathwork (pranayama), vocal toning (mantra) and relaxation.
· Safe modifications, contraindications and beneficial postures for each trimester, asanas for childbirth preparation, positions for labour, and postnatal recovery recommendations.
· Massage and pain reduction techniques to help create a more positive and relaxed birthing experience.
· Yogic wisdom for harmonising hormones and energy levels.
· Explore the territory of birth in all its realms: physiological, psychological, sociological, historical, political and spiritual.
· Heal your own birthing stories and come to an embodied understanding of our innate wisdom and the miracle of birth.
$950 early bird
$1400 after March 31st
INCLUDES: PreNatal Certification & Yoga Teacher Training Manual
ACCOMMODATION: is available but limited so please contact us early to let us know if you need accommodation.
· Prenatal Course accommodation - $250 incl all meals
Interested? We'd love to have you.
You will develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
· Asana/Alignment, modifications, contraindications and beneficial practices for each trimester to support a healthy pregnancy
· The stages of pregnancy and effects on body and mind
· Essential anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and childbirth
· Pranayama and sound work
· Pregnancy and childbirth as a journey
· Deconstructing and transforming our relationship to pain
· The benefits of prenatal and postnatal yoga
· Sequencing and class themes
· Hands on assisting in prenatal yoga
· Relaxation and visualisation for childbirth preparation and to support the birth experience
· Integrating mindfulness and cultivating awareness in your classes
· Incorporating imagery into cueing for breath work and asana
· Massage, birthing techniques and labouring positions using yoga
· Introduction to postnatal yoga for healing and beneficial asanas to support the body after childbirth
· Sequencing and modifications
· Yoga philosophy
· Prop use for prenatal yoga
· Hands-on adjustments and assists to support your students
· Teaching practice
· Specific needs of various pregnant populations
· Understanding the challenges of teaching multiple levels
· Subtle body and Ayurveda related to pregnancy
· How to create a supportive community in your class environment
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDES?
· In-depth training over 7 days
· Illustrated prenatal yoga manual
· Prenatal Yoga Certification with Awakened Spirit Yoga
You will return home with a renewed sense of purpose and passion, expanded networking and community skills, and the heartfelt inspiration you need to continue making a difference in the lives of women.
In this course you will find the resources, technical and therapeutic knowledge and tools, inspiration, and community support you need to teach yoga to women during and post pregnancy. This course not only provides you with an opportunity to nourish your mind, body and spirit while teaching you to lead prenatal yoga classes and couples workshops.
7.30 – 9.00 Morning Prenatal Class
9:00 – 9.30 Breakfast/ Morning Tea
9.30 – 11.00 Techniques
11.00 – 12.30 Prenatal Anatomy/Physiology
12.30 – 2.00 lunch
2.00 – 3.30 Teaching Methodology or Techniques
3.30 – 5.00 Practicums, practice teaching and integration